Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Fridate Update

(Almost) every Friday, I update my library and share what new books I bought or received during the past week.

Dudes! Its been so long since I've done this! I only posted about NaNoWriMo during my November updates. Its not like I didn't get any new books, of course, but I certainly haven't gotten as many. I just wasn't reading as much last month. But here's what I did get:

Baking with Julia: Savor the Joys of Baking with America's Best Bakers by Dorie Greenspan



Kindred by Octavia Butler


The Elfish Gene: Dungeons, Dragons and Growing Up Strange by Mark Barrowcliffe (purchased by my husband)

Its my turn to host book club tonight - we'll be discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which I reviewed this week. Plus, Thursday night began the rush of holiday parties for me. This all means that this weekend will be a lovely flurry of making and eating food - including two kinds of pie! - and spending time with friends. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.