Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 4/13

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
I'm so late today! Oops! My teaser today is from Happy Hour by Michele Scott.
Sometimes we need a reminder of how to be great, why we should be our best. The way your family speaks of your mom, I get the feeling she gave her best all the time, and I'd like that reminder.

12 comments:

  1. One of the things I love about that teaser is that I have no idea of the genre. It belongs anywhere, and I like that.

    Now I'm going to check out the link to find out more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she was a great mom - makes me want to find out more about this book. Excellent teaser!
    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that has me curious! She does sound like a great mom. Wonder what the family is like?? Great teaser. By the way, I'm going to be having a giveaway for the book Plans. You'd probably be interested since its has to do with architecture and love!
    Natalie :0)
    http://www.thebookinn.net/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-plans-by-natalie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the way we speak about my mom!

    You can find my teaser HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tease and good life quote... though I have a feeling the mom probably would disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I just won that book, but it hasn't come yet. Now I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't recognize the book title. Like others, I'm wondering about the genre (is it a novel? memoir?)

    Thanks, Lorrin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to be so mysterious - its a novel. The teaser is a snippet of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Intriguing teaser - sounds like an interesting novel. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.