Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Email Book Club

In addition to my actual book club, I belong to the Dear Reader email non-fiction book club (sign up here). Every weekday I get a 5-minute portion of a book. By the end of the week, I've usually read the first chapter of the book and have a really good idea of whether or not I'm interested in reading more. This week, I am reading Out of Poverty by Paul Polak. Its about poverty and why traditional approaches to poverty eradication haven't worked. So far, its interesting.

Other books I have read from Dear Reader that I have been really intrigued by include The Republic of Pirates by Colin Woodward,  The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee (yes, that is the number 8, its not a typo), The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman (one of my favorite authors already) and Too Far From Home by Chris Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.