Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Update

I love four day work weeks! I wish every weekend was a three-day weekend. Since I also like paychecks, though, I don't think that's going to happen.

As I may have mentioned, my birthday was earlier this week. Thanks to my wonderful family, I got several new items for my library. My husband bought me some new books:

Broken (Book 6 of the Women of the Otherworld series I've previously reviewed.)

Time of Your Life (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 4)



The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 1) by Patrick Rothfuss (who, based on the photo on his site of him wearing a Serenity t-shirt and the reference to Angel in a post about Rome, would entirely approve of me reading Buffy comics and his book at the same time).

My parents (deciding that I own enough books, perhaps) went instead with a fancy new library accessory: a personalized book embosser to label all of my books.

We're off to the County Fair with friends today. I'm predicting several rides, looking at farm animals, and eating funnel cakes and corn dogs in my future. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been paying much attention to the BtVS comics. I've read the issues up to the ones in Vol. 4. I should pick some of the new issues up if I can.

    I love BtVS but sometimes I think they should have left it alone. Season 7 was a bit of let down but the ending was a worthy denouement for the series.

    The less said about the Angel comics the better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.