Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Julius Shulman (1910-2009)

Archinect is reporting that famed architectural photographer Julius Shulman passed away. If you've ever seen the famous photos of the Case Study Houses, like the one at left of #22 by Pierre Koenig, then you've seen his work.

Taschen sells these huge, limited edition portfolio's of Shulman's work. They look lovely, but for those of us without a $7,000 budget for one, Amazon has a pretty good selection of books by, and about, Julius Shulman. I think I'd start with A Constructed View: The Architectural Photography of Julius Shulman. Looks lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.