Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday!

Once again, Friday is here. Time for me to update the ever-growing list of books I've read and/or brought into my life and to plan what the next book in my teetering To Be Read pile I will tackle next. On my way out the door this morning, I wavered between two books before deciding to grab The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan. It's been on the shelf for quite a while and looked like it needed some attention.

Those of you who read this blog in a reader may not have noticed, but two new buttons have been added to my side bar. The first is an ad for Kiva, "the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs around the globe." Kiva first came to my attention when Laura went to Uganda last year as a Kiva Fellow and blogged about her adventures, good and bad. More recently, my sister gave me a Kiva gift certificate, allowing me to make two micro-loans. One is to a woman in Nigeria who makes concrete blocks (I've got to support my fellow women in the construction industry!) and one is to a collaboration in Uganda. I encourage any of you who are interested to find out more and consider making a loan or two yourselves. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

The other new blog button is way less world-saving: I've decided I am crazy enough to do National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) again this year! I didn't win (ie, finish my novel) last year but that was when I was studying for my license exam so I think this year will be much easier. So, come November, expect a lot less reading and blogging from me, and a lot more pleading for plot ideas. Let me know if you plan to participate - I can either encourage or dissuade, as needed!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, yay for the Kiva shout-out. Duh, I should put that button on my own blog! I just have it on the Uganda one I never use any more.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.