Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 11/10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
From The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
They all dandled the baby, and now that the child can walk, she goes everywhere with one or another of them - holding hands or riding on their shoulders. Such are their standards! You must not glorify such people in the Times!
At first I thought that said dangled, then I re-read it and realized the word was dandled. Never heard of it! Per Wiktionary, to dandle is to move [an infant] up and down on one's knee or in one's arms in affectionate play. The horror! =)

10 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser. I have never heard of that word either. Here's
    mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser - Imagine such a warm and loving community!

    Mine is up too: http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesday-teaser_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many friends are telling to read this and dismiss the title. I enjoyed the teaser you chose.

    Here is mine.
    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday-gods-behaving-badly.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this waiting to be read, thanks for the tease (and visiting)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the vocabulary lesson - I thought the same thing you did upon first read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been on my TBR list for awhile now! Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, and the coice of words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha nice! I too read "dangled." Here is mine: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a great book. Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little did I know I used to dandle my daughter - sounds funny! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.