Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Update 1/29

Almost every Friday, I update my library and share what new books I bought or received during the past week.

I'm still catching up on telling you guys what books we got for Christmas, so here are two new graphic novels:


Asterios Polyp

I don't really know what its about - it was a gift from my sister - but I know that he's an architect. Cool!



Witchblade Compendium, Vol. 1

Via Wikipedia:
Witchblade is an American comic book series from 1995 until present. ... The series follows Sara Pezzini, a tough-as-nails NYPD homicide detective who comes into possession of the Witchblade, a supernatural, sentient artifact with immense destructive and protective powers [that] has bonded with various other women throughout history. Sara struggles to hone the awesome powers of the Witchblade and fend off those with a nefarious interest in it, especially entrepreneur Kenneth Irons, [and] struggles to maintain a personal life.
Since I've read/seen all things Buffy at this point, my husband got this for me, thinking I might enjoy it, too. The only problem may be that it is huge - like 3,4 inches thick. I can't carry it around with me, so I can only read it at home.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover of Asterios Polyp. The character on the front (perhaps his name is Asterios) looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.