Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Review: Happy Hour


Happy Hour by Michele Scott is the story of four women - good friends living and working in Napa County, California, who meet for a monthly Happy Hour to drink wine, eat good food (recipes included!) and share their lives. The group reminded me a bit of my own book club (which is more of a "eat, drink, talk about our husbands club" at times). So I'm not sure what it is that is holding me back from unabashedly loving this novel.

Despite all that happens in these women's lives, the book was a quick read. And that may have been part of the problem, for me. I think Happy Hour may have actually been better as a series of four books, each focused on one of the women. Instead, I don't think we got to know the characters as well as I would have liked and the action felt a little rushed.

Now, this isn't to say that I didn't enjoy reading Happy Hour - I did. But this novel won't stay with me. I think the material is there. It just could have been better.

Buy Happy Hour on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it's a good beach read. Fun, but not serious.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.