Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

New Books

I recently got two new books that I am looking forward to reading and reviewing. The first is Art Deco San Francisco: The Architecture of Timothy Pflueger. Pflueger was a well-known turn of the (last) century architect in San Francisco who has been largely forgotten in recent years. But his work is getting a revival, as many of the fabulous movie theatres he designed are being restored. Luckily for me, one newly restored Pflueger theatre is the Alameda Theatre and Cineplex, which is just minutes from my house and a great place to see new movies.


The other new book I am really excited to read is Mouse Guard: Fall 1152. I had never heard of Mouse Guard, which is an Eisner-winning series of comics about a secret colony of mice. When I saw this book on the shelf (its actually a reprint, but is new in hardcover, I believe) and saw how cute the mice in it are, I just had to have it! Fortunately, my husband rocks and he got it for me. I've flipped through it and the story looks great, but haven't had the chance to sit down and read it yet. I'll let you know what I think when I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.