Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Wish List (3)

More books to put on my wishlist! Maybe I'll go pick one of these up this weekend with the gift card I got for Christmas.




84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff, from the Book Lady's Blog
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and had been looking forward to it since many of you recommended it as similar to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. ... I’d recommend it for anyone who loves books and bookish people.

Sounds like a nice book to read, you know?



The Jewel of Medina by Sherry Jones, from The Literate Housewife Review

I cannot recommend this novel enough. It is a wonderful way to learn about the origins of Islam through the eyes of a complex and strong young girl and then woman.

I will probably get this one at the library instead of buying it, as I have read as many negative reviews as positive ones. But the concept intrigues me, and it's a somewhat controversial book, so I want to see what that's all about.


Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers, from Pop Culture Junkie

I have no idea how to express my feelings about this book. It's powerful, emotional, important, and really spoke to me.
I actually read the first chapter of this book online, thanks to the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. I, alas, did not get the book, though, when I requested it, and actually kind of forgot about it until I read Alea's review.

Buy 84, Charing Cross Road on Amazon.
Buy The Jewel of Medina on Amazon.
Buy Cracked Up to Be on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh yeah! I hope you enjoy Cracked Up to Be when you read it. I'm also interested in 84, Charing Cross Road!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.