Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cadfael Update and Mini-Review

I read two more of the Brother Cadfael medieval mystery books on my trip this past weekend and have updated my list accordingly. The books were The Raven in the Foregate and The Rose Rent (the links will take you to Amazon). Both were engaging, though I thought the Rose Rent plotline was the most implausible of all the Cadfael books I've read so far. And while I'm still enjoying the books, I'm starting to see the same plot points and variations-on-a-theme characters, which is starting to get a bit old. Brother Cadfael, though, is still a comfortable character to be around, which makes this series worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.