- The Dark is Rising: Bought used.
- The Magician's Elephant: At my request, from Publisher for review.
- Walking the Bible: Bought new.
- Looking for Alaska: Bought new.
- Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife: Library (actually, I borrowed it from a friend, but he had borrowed it from the library).
- Catching Fire: Bought new. And in hardcover even! Because, like crack, the first one may be free, but then they get you as a repeat customer.
- No Dogs in Heaven?: Bought new.
- Good Omens: Borrowed (so to speak) from my husband. Since he's owned it for probably 15 years, I think we can safely assume he bought it at some point.
- The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio: Bought used.
- Black Water: Bought used, a million years ago.
- Witch World: Another one from my husband.
- The Book of Unholy Mischief: From Author for review, via Pump Up Your Book Promotions tour.
- The Name of the Wind: Gift.
- The Middle Place: Bought new.
- The Android's Dream: Borrowed from friend.
- The House of the Scorpion: Bought used.
- Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, and Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse novels 1-3): Bought new.
- Broken (Women of the Otherworld, Book 6): Gift.
- The 19th Wife: Bought used.
- Terra Insegura:
At my request, from Author for review, after I won the sequel in a contest on his blog.Er, um, I got that backwards. This is the sequel, which I won in a contest. The author gave me Marserguro, the first book.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Where Do the Books Come From?
My husband is pretty sure my books are breeding, but in actuality, I buy most of them. I've seen a lot of bloggers list where the last 20 books they've reviewed came from, and in honor of the FTC's new rules (even though I don't think they really apply to unpaid book bloggers), I thought I would do the same.