Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Church Architecture Links

Two churches featured recently on Arch Daily, one familiar, one new to me:


Church of 2000 by Richard Meier. This project was supposed to be built for the millennium (hence the name), but wasn't finished until 2003. I've featured Meier's work for Crystal Cathedral previously. Take a look at both and you can really see that Meier has a style and he's sticking to it, thank you very much.


New Church in Foligno - Doriana e Massimiliano Fuksas The exterior shots of this are really stark and imposing, but make for what looks like an amazing interior. Those cut windows in the concrete evoke two very different projects, for me - Le Corbusier's Ronchamp Chapel and Liebeskind's Jewish Museum in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.